tiistai 16. syyskuuta 2014

my fight with Sony xperia2

I have this awesome phone, Sony xperia2. It´s beautiful, easy to use and I just love that camera! Only problem is...I cant use it. When I call to someone, or someone calls to me...cant hear! Audio dosent work...at all.

I bought it in summer, and it has been in use...well, maybe 5 days? Yep. Rest of the time in service or waiting to go in service. It has been 3 times in service, once  in Sony´s own. Dosent work!
And when I take it to service...100km from my house to service and back...

"Fun" part is....I cant get another. Reseller says that warranty is for 24 months. Ok, so I´m supposed to take it to service all those months and after that I end up to keeping that broken phone.
I have fought for this from summer, and my only wish was to have new, working phone. That´s all. I dont want to fight or be mean, no! This is not about who is winning or what...this is me, wanting to use my phone. Which wasnt too cheap, 599€.....

I have cried for this, believe me. Not because that I want my new toy. No. Because I´m tired to fight this, in my opinion, stupid thing. Usually, when customer buys defective article, it will be changed.
And as I wrote in my last post...I have so much more in my mind, that this is not what I need right now....

I actually wrote to Sony about this...oh well, reseller is the key. Not...They said that take it to service..again. After last service it was working 1 min.....

Gosh, I just dont understand this logic! I think that trying to fix it is more expensive than actually changing new phone for me....

This is the jungle of law and warranties! And I dont think, that I´m alone here...sadly.

But, I contacted to consumer Advocate and they are handling this now. Just, I´m not too happy to take it there..but I have to. It´s the customer that pays the price, otherwise...
It´s just...I still dont get it...how difficult can it be? To change broken phone to working one...? Woh, now we want to cancel the whole deal... And for me, I will be the one, without that phone which I wanted. Believe me, this is like bad dream already!

They left behind one really disappointed customer.



:D trust me, that´s how I feel sometimes...like now

with love
Maarit

4 kommenttia:

  1. I understand where you are coming from Maarit... I hope they replace the phone for you :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. <3 thank you Launna! I truly hope, that they understand one day, too ;D

      Poista
  2. Hey, you have a really nice Blog with interesting Stuff on it! :)
    Do you want to follow each other via GFC? If yes please let me know and i follow back :*

    Greetings & Kisses from Germany
    www.sophias-fashion.blogspot.com

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Hi Sophia, and of course! Thank you for visiting here! :)

      Kisses from Finland :)

      Poista

Your comment is my pleasure :)